Learn more about the AMI Group
From a single office operating in Fremantle, Western Australia in 1986, to a network of branches and over a dozen companies across Australasia, AMI began with two key principles that exist across our entities today;
- Connecting customers with the best products the industry has to offer
- Provide commercial partners with valuable advice and practical technical support
As a Wholesale Distributor, AMI aim to be a trusted partner for Shipwrights, Chandleries, Builder OEMs and Vessel Operators, so their customers benefit from equipment that is innovative, reputable and reliable.
Our staff are comprised of Sales professionals, Engineers, Technicians and Managers, who are in turn avid boaters, sailors and fishermen. Customers receive specialised expertise backed by quality and trusted product.
As the Group has grown, strategic partnerships have led to specialist services, manufacturing capabilities, and expansion into new areas such as satellite communications. Our companies now supply maritime, industrial, defence (both Naval and Land Forces), mining, resources and recreational vehicle sectors.
As qualified Service Agents, the Group’s technical service expertise extends across electrical, electro-mechanical, high seas, compass calibration, safety and specialist survey, with certification across most major maritime societies.
Visit our websites to learn more about products our companies manufacture, suppliers we represent, or services offered.
AMI Group Timeline
- 1986 AMI Sales begins operating in Perth as a marine equipment and electronics distributor
- 1995 Our New South Wales branch opens in Sydney
- 1997 Our Queensland branch opens near Brisbane
- 1998 AMI expands into marine electronics servicing following a merger with Bowater Marine
- 2003 Our South Australia branch opens in Adelaide
- 2004 AMI establishes Navionics Australia and enters into a franchise agreement with Navionics SPA for the Asia Pacific Region.
- 2006 We venture overseas with the opening of AMI Marine International PTE Ltd in Singapore
- 2008 AMI acquires Smartsat
- 2010 We open our office in Vung Tau, Vietnam
- 2010 AMI Establishes two new business Divisions; Global Maritime Data and Airtime Services (GMDAS) Water Environmental Treatment Systems Solutions (WETSS)
- 2013 AMI acquires majority interest in TMQ Electronics
- 2015 AMI Group engages Island Marine Services Singapore in a Strategic Alliance
- 2015 Shipmatic Singapore PTE LTD join the AMI Group to further enhance the service capability in the region
- 2015 Nautical Supplies joins AMI Group
- 2015 AMI opens its Somerville based Victorian branch
- 2017 AMI Vietnam becomes AMI Marine Co. Ltd, a full service branch serving major builders and yards in the region.
- 2018 AMI acquire i.Power Solutions (formerly of Lend Lease), Cairns based operation. i.Power specialise in energy management equipment and service for mining, industry, defence and maritime sectors.
- 2019 i.Power Solutions and French manufacturer ENAG enter into a strategic Joint Venture to establish Enpower Australia Pty Ltd. Enpower will supply and service energy management technology across Australia’s Naval and Land Force requirements.